- The unfathomable grief of giving up my dog
- Finding out he was being hit for bad behavior in his new home
- Experiencing something so much more awful than grief with the knowledge that we had willingly put him in that home (we never, ever hit him as a “training” method and he was still a well behaved dog in our home)
- Frantically reporting it to the rescue and expecting (at the very least) a visit to the home to make sure he was safe
- Being told (by the rescue) that I was a liar and he was no longer my dog and I needed to stay out of it (in so many words)
In other words, the past two weeks have sucked. Big time. Emotional roller coaster is an understatement.
How do you deal with anger when you’re forced to move on from an unresolvable situation? Do you just block it out? Do you dwell on it for days? Does it take a long time for you to move on?